Hiring a REALTOR® is a big decision.
These people are responsible for selling your largest asset. You deserve to know all about the person you choose to open and close the deal on your home or future home!
Don’t be afraid to interview a few real estate agents before you find the right one. Need some questions to get you started?
No problem. Here are 10 questions that will help you decide if you've found the right Realtor for you:
- How long have you been in the business?
- What is your average lists-to-sales ratio?
- How will your marketing plan meet my needs?
- Will you provide references?
- What separates you from your competition?
- May I review documents that I will be asked to sign?
- How will you help me find other professionals?
- How much do you charge?
- What kind of guarantee do you offer?
- What haven’t I asked you that I need to know?
Always pay attention to what their answer is for question #10. There is always something else you need to know. If you knew everything, you wouldn't need to hire a Realtor!
After asking these questions to your potential realtor, you should have a better idea of the way they do business, their values and what charges and paperwork you can expect to come your way.
For additional information on the philosophy behind these questions, click the link below!